Every Saturday, Melissa from the Mommyhood Chronicles hosts a Top Five Laughs blog hop. I will be linking up, as usual, except the following is only funny if you are laughing at me.
1. So I was at Walmart today, and I needed to go to Costco, which is in another part of the same plaza of big box stores. I got in the car to go to Costco, took a wrong turn, and somehow ended up on the highway. I have no idea how this happened. Did I mention that I am terrified of driving on highways, and avoid them at all costs? So here I am, trying to merge onto the highway that I accidentally ended up on, freaking out because it’s so foggy and rainy that I can barely see a foot in front of my face. Oh, and my little girl was in the back seat.
2. I planned to exit off of the highway the first chance I got, but I was so angry and scared that I missed the first two exits. When I finally got off at the third exit, I was so far away from Costco that it took me 40 minutes to get back. The drive from Walmart to Costco should have taken about 40 seconds, had I just driven over there like a normal person.
3. For whatever reason, my daughter did not take her afternoon nap. She just didn’t fall asleep for it. This was super annoying because had I known she was not going to nap, I could have left for Costco much earlier in the day.
4. Because of my stupid highway detour, in addition to the fact that everything already takes eight times as long with a baby in tow, I got home later than intended, fed my daughter dinner later than intended, and did not get her into bed until an hour past her bedtime. If you know me, you know that my daughter’s bedtime is serious business. Mommy and baby both get very grumpy when it doesn’t happen on time.
5. To top it all off, my brand new stroller that I was sooo excited about that I just got yesterday is defective. Great.
I think today was one of those days when I should have just stayed in bed.